interested in 2002 T-bird. Opinions?

The car has 28k on it, comes with the hard top, seems in excellent condition, is offered by a dealer. the asking price is 26k. Wondering if anyone had any advice or opinions?

Reply to
Michael Hobbs

I bought a 2004 Premium with hard top with 3500 miles for less than $27,000 last December. $26,000 is to high. A 2002, with the kind of mileage you quoted and a hard top should sell for less than $23,000. If you are willing to go the EBay route there are 26 late model T-Birds for sale today. There is one 2002 with a Buy It Now price of less than $22,000 (red with a hard top, 49K miles in Texas). See

. I love my T-Bird but there are two thing you need to verify you can live with - 1) headroom is tight - I am 6'3" and it is a tight fit; 2) trunk space is limited (not adequate for a long trip with two passengers).

My car has been great. I took it back to the dealer once to have some magic stuff added to the transmission fluid, but otherwise no problems. The hard top is heavy and requires two people to attach. When you attach the hard top, it is important to make sure you use the special Mylar strips that Ford supplies with the newer models to prevent scratches of the body under the hard top. The 2002 did not include the strips, but they are available from the parts department. The car is not going to out run any Corvettes or even

2005 Mustang GTs, but the ride is good, the car is quiet and acceleration is smooth and more than a match for most of the foreign competitors for a lot less money.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White