Intermittent Alternator Charging

I have an intermittent charging problem with a 2001 Ford Focus. Replaced battery and alternator (twice), and underlying problem is still there. Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing the alternator to charge intermittently?

Reply to
Stickarella

Bad ground(s) can do that. Get a cigar lighter plug-in voltmeter to keep an eye on the charging system and to figure out WHEN this is happening (if at all).

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

Thank you so much! I actually just found out many people who have the same car have had a problem with bad grounds.

Reply to
Stickarella