iPod option 2002 Taurus

I recently purchased and iPod. I've been using it in my car with the accessory that plays my music through an unused FM frequency.

This option has proven to be unsatisfactory. The unused frequency can easily become used as one drives around, causing all sorts of static and interference.

Short of replacing the radio which looks to be part of a console, containing heater, A/C, and other controls, does anyone know of any other options or workarounds?

Reply to
cedilla

Check this out from crutchfield. It may work with your car.

captainmo

First off, the radio in the Taurus is not in the console, it is in the trunk! Secondly, it doesn't matter where the radio is, it is the position of the antenna that matters. The accesory that you speak of is, in fact, a low powered radio transmitter. For it to work effectively, it needs to be close to the antenna and in the Taurus that can be tricky. For this very reason, I use the cassete unit adaptor and switch it easily between my various cars.

Reply to
Jimbo

I 've been told that the radio in this one is acutally behind the face plate. Regardless, my radio doesn't have a cassette deck. I probably will get a new car within the next 6 months. My optons are either "live with it" or get an entirely new ipod compatible system. Tweeter say they will uninstall and re-install for free whatever I buy from them and re-install it in any new vehicle I purchase.

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
cedilla

I didn't like my Belkin FM transmitter, either.

This might be the right gadget:

mentions the trunk mounted radio of the Taurus. I installed a similar gadget in a couple of different cars. It makes the ipod look like a CD changer, plugging in to the port that already exists for a CD changer. This is audio only. You still select tunes on the iPod.

There is another adapter that integrates your ipdon control into the existing head unit.

Reply to
dold