Is an Onboard Trickle Charger useful for a Car Battery.

Is it useful to have a battery trickle charger mounted under the hood and used at times particularly in very cold weather.

What are the merits of a trickle charger?

Thanks in advance Denny B

Reply to
Denny B

I don't think this would help much. The problem with batteries in the cold is that their voltage goes down. It is chemical property. It's not that they lose charge, so I don't think that will help.

Perhaps a battery warmer will help.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

a metal plate that heats up under the battery would be more in line for low temperatures and batteries than a charger.. j.c. whitney catalog has them for a few bucks, you plug them in just like an engine heater....

Reply to
jim