Is fuel pump set an output set?

A few days ago, my car, Taurus 97, was stalled. I had Firestone check and they told me: Fuel pump set relay was burnt because fuel pump set output more ampera than it is supposed to be.

They charged me $50 for the relay and 324 for the fuel pump set + labor. Total is $610. I think I was overcharged.

I am wondering, why is fuel pump set an output one? I thnk it is an input set.

Thanks.

Steven Du

Reply to
ford

Can you clarify your question?

Reply to
Jim Warman

if relay burnt (did you see it?)... yes fuel pumps in fords (usually trucks with dual tanks suffered this fate) can get old and draw too many amps and burn out relay.. they also usually damge the leads to the emergency fuel cutoff switch as well tho

Reply to
Rob

never take a car to a dealer they do over charge people they just a rip off

Reply to
jimmyh

Glad you feel that way, jimmy.... I'll remember that when you have a problem....

BTW... how'd you like to back that statement up with facts???

Reply to
Jim Warman