is it possible to replace a bad 3.0 motor with a 4.0 in my 2000 ranger ?

I have a 2000 ford xlt super cab v-6 3.0 flex fuel , The replacement motor is out of a 93 explorer 4.0

in

go to http://www.therangerstation.com/forums / those guys have done it all. they will know. KB

I entered a question and got a popup asking how much I would pay for an answer. Is this strictly pay to play site?
On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 11:26:50 -0800, "Guv Bob"

Ask is a pay site - wasn't aware ranger station was.
If you are in the USA or Canada you can NOT replace with an earlier engine. In particular, you can NOT put an pre-ODB2 engine into an OBD2 vehicle. 1993 is pre OBD2. Now, if you were repalcing a 3 liter with a 3 liter there is a POSSIBILITY you could do the switch IF the emission control parts of the 2000 would fit the 1993.
Physically the switch could be done - if you changed transmissions as well, and the entire engine wiring harness and computer.
Legally you cannot - and you would, in all likelihood, fail your smog check.

I have never got that popup and didn`t have a problem just now. always been free. KB

OK, thanks, KB. I'll try again.