is it possible to replace a bad 3.0 motor with a 4.0 in my 2000 ranger ?

I have a 2000 ford xlt super cab v-6 3.0 flex fuel , The replacement motor is out of a 93 explorer 4.0

Reply to
speedy gonzales

speedy gonzales wrote in news:49af5$5091a142$42bb6765$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

go to

guys have done it all. they will know. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

wrote

replacement

I entered a question and got a popup asking how much I would pay for an = answer. Is this strictly pay to play site?

Reply to
Guv Bob

Is this strictly pay to play site? Ask is a pay site - wasn't aware ranger station was.

If you are in the USA or Canada you can NOT replace with an earlier engine. In particular, you can NOT put an pre-ODB2 engine into an OBD2 vehicle. 1993 is pre OBD2. Now, if you were repalcing a 3 liter with a

3 liter there is a POSSIBILITY you could do the switch IF the emission control parts of the 2000 would fit the 1993.

Physically the switch could be done - if you changed transmissions as well, and the entire engine wiring harness and computer.

Legally you cannot - and you would, in all likelihood, fail your smog check.

Reply to
clare

"Guv Bob" wrote in news:l7WdnYVoFbFr_AjNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I have never got that popup and didn`t have a problem just now. always been free. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

OK, thanks, KB. I'll try again.

Reply to