Is it time for Ford to drop the Blue Oval?

Is it time for Ford to lose the Blue Oval insignia ? Lets face it the Blue Oval has never been a classy nor classic, but actually kind of cheesy. How
many really like that Cheesy nameplate on their car? What looks better the old King Crown or the Cheesy Blue Oval on your Ford.
Oil Can Harry wrote:

Pentastar? Crooked bowtie / "plus" sign? Big ugly sheep head? A "diamond star"? Goofy Toyota/Acura/Lexus "symbols"?
None of them are really outstanding.
The Blue Oval is as good or better than any others... very quickly recognized.
What the heck is a "New Venture"? Why does it say "Delphi" on all kinds of stuff under the hood? What's a "Harrison" radiator? Why did my old Pontiac and my buddy's Buick have "Fisher" bodies... didn't they have their own assembly lines?
Rob
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:33:34 -0500, trainfan1

Delco Harrisson is/was a division of GM. So was Delco Remy. I believe it was renamed Delphi when it was "spun off" Fisher body was also a division of GM. Gotta remember how GM came into being.Willy Durant's Chevrolet, Oakland/Pontiac, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Harrison Cooling Systems,Fisher Body, Dominion Electrical Labs(Delco),and MANY other companies were "melded" into one.
I remember the fisher body logo on the trim on the door *floor* in my '84 Buick Skyhawk.
(sorry, I don't what that part is called in english)
--

(\_ _/)
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:33:34 -0500, trainfan1

I think the big ugly sheep head is already taken.
Maybe they could go with a goat's head or a big "F"
Duesenberg and Packard both had good insignia's but their business plan/execution sucked. Personally I'd rather have a crap logo and a good product than a wonderful logo and a crap product.
But then again I'm not running GM or Ford, I take it that "Oil Can Harry is?

Go a-freakin-WAY!
I lived with and grew up on that crown-shield... and IT was the cheesiest thing I ever saw... until someone showed me the wings on a 30's Chrysler!
The Blue Oval reissue caused me to rejoice that Ford had finally come to their senses, it's classic and understated and doesnt need to be changed.
I never had a problem, as such with the bow-tie.. just thought it lacked a sense of ... I dunno.. Creativity, I guess. The new Jumbo-sized version, however gets on my nerves.
And anyone with a "peeps" in their address, should be taken on THAT face value!
Go to bed without Your supper!
you pay..DEAL with it!
Oil Can Harry wrote:

Naw, the blue oval is a (classic).
What I find particularly cheesy and ugly to look at is Subarus insignia. It's a bunch of cheesy stars - a cheese ball design that never looked right, always awkward.
Besides that issue, Subarus are actually outstanding cars. They just need to get better members on the design team that actually have some talent. Their wagons look terrible. Look at the VW Jetta wagon, now that's a wagon with style. At least their Legacy Sedan is a gem to look at. The WRX improved a bit since it's release.
East-

FYI Subaru means Pleiades, as in the stellar constellation hense the star insignia. See link of more info.
http://www.sdreader.com/php/ma_show.php?id 1005B

"Subaru" supposedly means "Pleiades" in Japanese. The stars are meant to represent the constellation Pleiades.

in pink?
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 06:01:44 GMT, "Jorge W. Arbusto"

desired!!!!
How can an innocuous blue oval be cheesy? It's almost invisible, if anything. Granted, they've had it for a long time. I submit that it should be changed to a silhouette of a nekkid woman, like on the mudflap on a semi. Or else just start calling everything a Merc. Yeah, that's what I'll do.
--Gomer Einstein, acting CEO of Ford.
One can only ask "Why?"..... As a logo or product identification, it is known pretty much all over the world...... All car manufacturers have some serious defects in any production run yet Ford seems to get extra scrutiny as well as criticism.... Divorcing the company from the logo wont change a damned thing.... And, lastly, with everything going on in your neighbourhood, your town, your country..... don't you think your time would be better spent wondering what can be done about housing, medical care, dishonest politicians, the homeless, pollution and the general degradation of morals?
Shoo!!! little one..... you've got a rather large amount of egg on your face....

Jim Warman wrote:

Amen!
Hey maybe the United States should get rid of that red, white and blue flag too.