trainfan1

Delco Harrisson is/was a division of GM. So was Delco Remy. I believe it was renamed Delphi when it was "spun off" Fisher body was also a division of GM. Gotta remember how GM came into being.Willy Durant's Chevrolet, Oakland/Pontiac, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Harrison Cooling Systems,Fisher Body, Dominion Electrical Labs(Delco),and MANY other companies were "melded" into one.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Go a-freakin-WAY!

I lived with and grew up on that crown-shield... and IT was the cheesiest thing I ever saw... until someone showed me the wings on a 30's Chrysler!

The Blue Oval reissue caused me to rejoice that Ford had finally come to their senses, it's classic and understated and doesnt need to be changed.

I never had a problem, as such with the bow-tie.. just thought it lacked a sense of ... I dunno.. Creativity, I guess. The new Jumbo-sized version, however gets on my nerves.

And anyone with a "peeps" in their address, should be taken on THAT face value!

Go to bed without Your supper!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I remember the fisher body logo on the trim on the door *floor* in my '84 Buick Skyhawk.

(sorry, I don't what that part is called in english)

Reply to
El Bandito

Naw, the blue oval is a (classic).

What I find particularly cheesy and ugly to look at is Subarus insignia. It's a bunch of cheesy stars - a cheese ball design that never looked right, always awkward.

Besides that issue, Subarus are actually outstanding cars. They just need to get better members on the design team that actually have some talent. Their wagons look terrible. Look at the VW Jetta wagon, now that's a wagon with style. At least their Legacy Sedan is a gem to look at. The WRX improved a bit since it's release.

East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

I think the big ugly sheep head is already taken.

Maybe they could go with a goat's head or a big "F"

Duesenberg and Packard both had good insignia's but their business plan/execution sucked. Personally I'd rather have a crap logo and a good product than a wonderful logo and a crap product.

But then again I'm not running GM or Ford, I take it that "Oil Can Harry is?

Reply to
joe schmoe

FYI Subaru means Pleiades, as in the stellar constellation hense the star insignia. See link of more info.

Kevin Scott

One can only ask "Why?"..... As a logo or product identification, it is known pretty much all over the world...... All car manufacturers have some serious defects in any production run yet Ford seems to get extra scrutiny as well as criticism.... Divorcing the company from the logo wont change a damned thing.... And, lastly, with everything going on in your neighbourhood, your town, your country..... don't you think your time would be better spent wondering what can be done about housing, medical care, dishonest politicians, the homeless, pollution and the general degradation of morals?

Shoo!!! little one..... you've got a rather large amount of egg on your face....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Amen!

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Hey maybe the United States should get rid of that red, white and blue flag too.

Reply to
Doc

"Subaru" supposedly means "Pleiades" in Japanese. The stars are meant to represent the constellation Pleiades.

The Tribeca, IMHO, looks like a pig with wheels. I wonder if they make it in pink?

Reply to
Jorge W. Arbusto

Subaru's engineering is great - their styling leaves a LOT to be desired!!!!

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

How can an innocuous blue oval be cheesy? It's almost invisible, if anything. Granted, they've had it for a long time. I submit that it should be changed to a silhouette of a nekkid woman, like on the mudflap on a semi. Or else just start calling everything a Merc. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

--Gomer Einstein, acting CEO of Ford.

Reply to
Gomer Einstein