is the black plastic-looking cap the oil drain plug on a 4.6L engine

I want to change the oil on a newly purchased 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis.

The oil filter seems to have good access.

The oilpan drain plug seems to be a black plastic-looking polygon sided cap on the driver side towards the front of the oilpan.

I don't have a lift or jack but I believe I can reach the plastic cap from underneath.

Is that the drain plug?

And is it hand loosened and tightened or is there a recommended tool (other than a kitchen pliers)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael Eisenstadt

Reply to
Michael Eisenstadt