Isolating the AC Compressor

Rather than re-engineer the engine, I'm replacing the AC Compressor!
Is there ANY way to isolate the AC Compressor on a 93 Mustang GT?
Thanks, again!
Steve
gfr92y at yahoo dot com
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:06:57 GMT, "Steve Forrestor"

No. There are no isolator valves as there were on the old piston compressors. The systems are designed to be evacuated by an EPA compliant recycler before opening the system. Your system is likely an R12 system IIRC. If you are replacing the compressor, you will need to also replace the accumulator to maintain the warranty on a replacement compressor. Once you get that far, it would be wise to flush the system and convert it to R134 since you will need a license to purchase R12 to refill the system unless you plan to have an a/c shop do this for you. You could also get a license on the net by taking a little test and paying a license fee. Anyone who handles the refrigerant is "legally" required to have and use the proper recycling/charging equipment. While you have the system open, make sure you replace the orifice tube. They tend to clog over the years reducing refrigerant flow.
Lugnut

That means when I take the compressor off, 2.5 lbs of R12 is going to be released into the atmosphere. Screw the EPA and the Ford engineers... I am fixing my own car god damn it.
Sadly, it wont be the EPA and the Ford engineers you will be screwing..... These regulations don't exist to appease some engineer or similar....If there was no problem, there would be no regulation....
You, young sir, are myopic and selfish and I hope that everyone on this NG that does their part in minimizing the trail of pollution they leave in their wake sees you for what you are worth.
I imagine that you would be the guy that throws garbage at the 4h club cleaning refuse from the ditch.... and one of the first to complain if someone messes up your shit....

Fact: Mount Saint Helen's did more to harm the ozone than the collective harm man has done to the ozone since the beginning of recorded history! As does each such similar volcano.

Shirking personal responsibility... Typical.
try not to breath any in...

It's heavier than air...

Steve Forrestor wrote:

Easy. Don't charge the AC and the compressor will never engage. Just bolt it in place and attach the hoses.