it's WAR on "NASCAR RATS"

It's WAR on the "Nascar rats"!! You know, those little rodents with "racing stripes"- AKA Chipmunks!!!! The little beggars got under the hood of my wife's V6 Mystique over
the weekend and tore up the accoustic padding under the hood and ATE THE BLOODY PLUG WIRES!!!!!!! Plug wires over 6 feet long are NOT CHEAP! Any ideas how to keep the beggars out? I'm getting a trap. Heighbour has caught 14 over the last week - but he's other side of the road, so I guess it's my turn.