Jacking up the car

When I'm jacking the car up, where should I be putting the jack? Trying to pull off the front wheels. Should I put the jack under the middle of the chassis?

It depends on the car. What year, make and model are talking about?
Jeff
1993 taurus.

Whatever car, look for the heaviest most solid frame piece you can find. On RWD's that would be the engine cradle/crossmember..and though I have a Taurus, I dont recall exactly where I put it.. it seems intuitive.
NEVER On an engine or tranny pan NEVER On a body/frame piece forward of the engine.. eg the radiator frame