Jeep liberty Diesel

I was walking in the parking lot the other day... and a jeep went by me, and i could have swore it was a diesel.. it was a jeep liberty...
Anyone know how the reliability of these is going? fuel mileage? etc?
I looked on fueleconomy.gov, and the 2005 model (2.8L 4pot) was saying 23mpg combined... not very good for a 4 banger, and not very good for a diesel 4 banger at that... but anyway, is this true?

The 2007 Liberty gets 18/22 mpg for a 2wd. So going to 23 mpg is about a 20% increase. It is about what I would expect. If you want to get much more, get a VW deisel. Some of them get over 40 mpg.
Jeff

It's a heavy box with high wind resistance, I wouldn't expect any better.