Just bought 99 Taurus, have some Q's please !!!

Hi Everyone ~
Just bought a 99 SE, 67k, and took it home last night. Wheel shake when braking from high speed....Rotors, but a buddy says wait a week or two, it may
be just dirt from the car sitting for a month....Does this make sense?
Also, the AC seems to never go off, unless you go to off..In other works, if you choose air to go to your feet, for example, it comes out ice cold, without the AC option being chosem...Any ideas on this one?
The dome light doesn't come on, but the click on lights do. Is there another bulb in the overhead that I need to change?
And finally, any thoughts on the 99 Taurus? I know about the brakes, and the freewheeling transmission...anything else, good or bad?
Thanks for your help...
Steve -- The Bluesman
"I fear no Evil because I walk with Evil..."
Just bought 99 Taurus, have some Q's please !!! Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Wed, Aug 20, 2003, 1:42am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (IamTheBluesman) Hi Everyone ~ Just bought a 99 SE, 67k, and took it home last night. Wheel shake when braking from high speed....Rotors, but a buddy says wait a week or two, it may be just dirt from the car sitting for a month....Does this make sense?<<<<<<
Nope. At least pull the wheels & check. Most likely it's the rotors and you should check all the brakes anyway.
Also, the AC seems to never go off, unless you go to off..In other works, if you choose air to go to your feet, for example, it comes out ice cold, without the AC option being chosem...Any ideas on this one?<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Do you have the manual or automatic a/c? Either way somethings not right.
The dome light doesn't come on, but the click on lights do. Is there another bulb in the overhead that I need to change?<<<<<<
Does it come on from the dashboard selector wheel? If it only dosn't come on when you open the door then it's the door switch.
And finally, any thoughts on the 99 Taurus? I know about the brakes, and the freewheeling transmission...anything else, good or bad? Thanks for your help... Steve -- The Bluesman <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Nope you've got a good car. I've got one & love it. Hopefully you have the 24v Duratec engine version which is head & shoulders above the Vulcan powered one for performance.
Eric