Just found this great oil!

I heard about this stuff for a little while but had that mental block about changing oil every 3,000 miles.Heres the link to the website http://64.17.132.131/ or go to synfullube.com The site was was ok but the
product is incredible. I saw results right off the bat so I'm going to put all of their products in my truck. Just thought everyone out there would want to at least check this stuff out.
another name for amsoil is snake oil.before you go dumping it all over your truck,check the certifications, and you will se that there are a lot better oils out there at half the cost. valvoline, quaker state, castroil, and mobile one are 4 that are rated better than amsoil, and i am sure there are many more

Do you know where I can find that certification? I've used all of those oils in the past and have found that Amsoil makes my truck run the best.I know that Mobile 1 has a big problem with eating your gaskets and seals due to the detergents in it.So far,I haven't seen anything bad about Amsoil but would really like to know where it is so I can research it myself. Thanks.
Hmm, you "KNOW" Mobil 1 eats gaskets and seals or you have "HEARD" it does. There is a big difference. Mobil 1 meets or exceeds all industry standards...all. That cannot be said about Amsoil though it does meet or exceed some. I can promise you, Mobil 1 does not harm seals or gaskets.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow

you know what?!!!!!
I wouldnt buy Amsoil if it were on the shelf right next to Mobil1 Mainly because of A holes like you.
Speaking of which, can I buy Amsoil for 4.50 at Meijer?
And you are full of Shit about M1 eating gaskets and seals...
I know because I've been running it in three cars for more than 300kmiles.
just ask the amsoil dealer for the api certification comparison. you will find that valvoline all fleet 15-40 meets all api specs, including all the military specs. amsoil rates # 5 or 6 on that list

http://www.micapeak.com/info/oiled.html

The chart your link refers to must have been created by a Spamsoil dealer. Most people don't bother including a minor player like Amsoil in their comparisons.

could be, when searching for that link I found that amsoil dealers have taken over the search engine's.

You change oil every 3000 miles because it's dirty. Synthetic oil is just as dirty at 3000 as any other.

No, you change your oil at 3000 mi. because it is acidic and has broken down chemically. With synthetics, they don't break down chemically nearly as much and they are able to add more additives that fight the acidity (with oil from the ground, the additives are more expensive than the oil, so the oil makers cannot add more additives and still have a competitive price). And, of course, a good filter helps with the dirt.
With today's better oils (synthetic and ones from the ground) and additives, you don't need to change your oil as often. BMW recommends changing it every 12,000 mi or so (they calculate the lifetime of the oil somehow while you drive the car or truck).
Jeff
Re: Just found this great oil! Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Sat, Jul 17, 2004, 6:28am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@yoohoo.com (scroob)
I heard about this stuff for a little while but had that mental block about changing oil every 3,000 miles.
You change oil every 3000 miles because it's dirty. Synthetic oil is just as dirty at 3000 as any other.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Is there any car maker that reccomends a 3k mile oil change? Under normal use Ford says 5k intervals for the Taurus.
Eric
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:39:04 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Eric Toline) wrote:

Ford recommends 5K for my diesel F250 under normal conditions. Under harsh conditions they recommend 3K miles. It is because the oil gets contaminated more quickly from short trips or the oil breaks down more quickly from the stress of towing.
SPAM ALERT!!!!