Just wondering...

The viral emails with safe driving tips are going around again. "If it saves just one life" BS... Unfortunately it's telling people to put sunglasses on at night in the rain kind of thing (OK, Polaroids do help, but not regular glasses)

Anyway, the email also has the sky is falling warning about cruise control. Yeah, it is a safety issue, especially with rear wheel drive cars in the rain with older systems that didn't have a tach sense. But it mentions that some cars will now disable cruise if the wipers are on. Specifically mentioning one vehicle by make and model.

I've never heard of that actually being the case.

Does anyone know of any car from first hand experience that will disable cruise if the wipers are on?

Reply to
Mike Y

I have never heard of such nonsense... This would tend to make more sense -- from volvo... if the wheels slip or hits neutral

NOTE: Cruise control is automatically disengaged if:

=B7 the engine is switched off

=B7 the gear selector is placed in (N)eutral

=B7 the wheels start to spin or lock

=B7 if an increase in speed is maintained for more than one minute

=B7 if the vehicle's speed falls below approximately 15 mph (25 km/h) for non-turbo models, or 20 mph (30 km/h) on turbo models.

Reply to
Picasso