K&N Stuff... & Engine Oil Treatments? best ones?

Hi All.. 1989 Aerostar 3.0L 129K
Any one use any of the aftermarket Air Filters/intake boosters? are these recommended or not? I'm talking about the K&N stuff, or the different
Horsepower increase enhancments? Someone makes a blower type thing for the intake hose... are these a bad Idea? the 3.0 is what I have, and I wouldn't mind a 10% increase in MAX MPH, or torque, if it will not hurt anything
Also, I wanted peoples opinion on using an engine oil treatment to "degunk" the sludge... it's an 1989, 129K... want to get another 100K out of her!
Thanks, Bob
In article

K&N filters and similar will do little for most modern engines. Also, they use a coating of oil to trap dirt. If you are not careful, that oil can get sucked into the intake and coat or damage some sensors, such as the MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor). Just use a quality filter and change it as scheduled.
TornadoAir and similar are 100% snake oil. MAYBE with an ancient, carburetor engine it could help. With most fuel-injected engines, it can screw up the air flow and confuse the MAF.

Just use quality oil, of the correct viscosity range, of the correct or newer API rating, and change it as scheduled.