Key Fob and OEM Alarm Problems Ford Taurus 2003

The key fob stopped opening the doors and alarm, the alarm cannot be turned off with the key in the door either, and the engine will NOT start. This problem in now happening almost every time I try to enter or start the car.

Yesterday, when I got stuck, I pressed a button under the dash that let me start the car with the key. I remembers a parking lot security guard did that last week to get me started.

I changed the battery in the fobs and reprogrammed the alarm to recognize my fobs. Still no good. I also removed the coded key from the key chain and still no good.

I followed the owner's manual to the letter and still got the same problem.

I called Ford's customer service line and wasted about 15 minutes.

The local Ford dealer fobs me off (no pun intended) and told me it was the "valet" feature, or I was in a bad area, or all the alarms in town do that, as excuses.

They wound up doing nothing to fix the car's alarm. This is an in warranty repair and I guess that they will not be getting paid as much as an normal repair and would rather not do the work.

The fobs are now 100% dead, but the car starts. I cannot arm the alarm at all now.

Any service advisories out there? Or first hand information would be appreciated.

My problem gives new meaning to: Found On Road Disabled (FORD)!

Thanks

Reply to
Barb

First thing I'd do is go back to the dealer and demand they fix it. If it's an in-warranty problem, they're obligated to make it right. If they still refuse, get hold of the company representative if there's one on-site, or ask them how you can get hold of one. Tell them you plan on escalating this if necessary. You can check on carfax.com to see if there are any recalls on your make and model. Good luck, SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Reply to
J Smit

From his description it sure sound like it it an aftermarket system, the OEM system does not NEED to be armed, it arms automatically.

mike hunt

J Smit wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

I was told by the dealer that this is a Ford alarm system (made by Ford), but installed by the dealer. I have been back there 2 time since my first posting and still no good. I have been given all kinds or lame excuses why the alarm is OK. For example: you are in a bad area, everyone has the same problem, you need to reset the alarm, etc.

The fobs are not the whole problem. I cannot disarm the alarm even by turning the driver's side door key "foreward" like the owner's manual says.

I have the coded keys. There is a second light outside of the instrument panel (a red LED) that also flashs.

I got this car as a yearling from a local Ford dealer, it was a rental car.

I bought the car from them and now they don't want to know me, even though I bring the car to them for maintenance.

The only recall was for the air cleaner that the dealer fixed. But there may be a service bulliten that I do not know about, even though I checked the internet.

I will write to Ford, via certified mail, and then go to court if this is not fixed this week.

Reply to
Big B

I would check the lemon law in your state first, if I were you. Most state used car lemon laws require you to first go through arbitration with any unresolved problems concerning a warranty before instituting a legal action. If not you will give up your right to have your legal costs paid under the lemon law for any action you start. If indeed it is a Ford authorized alarm system, it would not be made by Ford in any event. The warranty would be from the manufacture and for only

12MO/12K miles WOF. Your problem is with the dealership not Ford. Any warranty you would have on the system if it in fact has a warranty now would likely be a dealer warranty and not of interest to Ford. I would take the vehicle back to the dealership where you purchased it and leave it until it is repaired properly. Once you take a vehicle from the dealership you are technically agreeing the problem for which you took it there has been resolved. The dealership know this, leave it at the dealership, WBMA. If it were my vehicle I would determine which local electronics retailer sells that type of system and take the vehicle to them and have it repaired and get on with my life. It may simply be in the 'Valet Mode.'

Try here;

mike hunt

Big B wrote:

Reply to