keyless entry

i have a 99 mercury sable with keyless entry pad with no code. How would i find the code since I dont have the manual.I can take it to the dealer but
i'm afaid it will cost big bucks.Is there any way of finding the code before i have to pay for this service . thanks, cathy
cgreen wrote:

Look on the trunk hinge.
ilooked on the truck hinges and come up with no numbers .
look under carpet under back seat.JUST KIDDIN!!your afraid to call and ask advice from dealer!?