Keyless Entry Remote Plastic Shell

2000 Windstar w/power rear doors. The keyless remote's "ring hole", which is very flimsy plastic, broke a while back, so I have to carry the remote
loose in my pocket. (I have noticed that newer Ford keyless remotes look much sturdier than my 2000, especially in the "ring hole" area.) Ford parts counter wanted $79 for a new keyless entry remote... they could not sell just the plastic shell, which is all I need. I've looked around for keyless entry remote "holder" which would contain the remote and allow me to attach it once again to my key ring. Something like a cover for a cell phone, except sized for the remote. Anyone have a solution for this??
I had a similar problem with my old Eclipse remote. I used a small chain link that is used to attach a chain (like a dog tag chain) to a fixed object (in this case, a 75-ohm coax terminator). I used a small screw to attach this to the case, and put a chain through it and my key. Worked for about 2 years before I sold the car. Tom F.

I just bought two on eBay for $19.95. I had the same problem. Twice. Anticipate having it again in the future.