Keyless remote not working

The keyless remote entry on my 2000 Ford Taurus wagon does not work. I thought it may have been a dead battery in the transmitter but it turned out to be not the cause.
Any suggestions as to what may be the problem?
Ed M.

try "reprogramming it"
hurc ast
What hurc means is..... cycle the ignition from off to on eight times (sorry, I can't remember the time constraint) rapidly ending in the on position on the 8th time (nine don't work). At this time, the locks should cycle.... side note... you should have all of your RKE fobs handy since this process erases ALL fob IDs... after the locks cycle, one at a time, press a button on each fob you wish to program to the car....
HTH.
wrote:

out
theres webpages out there that talk about cycling it like you posted and that never worked for me, I light bulb lit above my head and I checked my owners manual package, there was one for the keyless entry and there was a red button under my dash that made it alot easier to program a remote that I bought.

Sounds like an arftermarket add on of some type... glad to hear that you got it working, though..