Largest Ford ever?

I'm was wondering what the largest car (not truck) that FoMoCo ever mass produced. I'm guessing the answer is the styling travesty that is the '58 Lincoln, but wouldn't rule out the 70's Mark IVs. And an honorable mention
probably goes to the those County Squire station wagons.
--
Gargoyles SETI@home group
http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_167065.html
Harry Face wrote:

I think the biggest Ford "car" was probably an early 70's Country Squire Wagon - 121" wheelbase, 221.4" overall lenght, 79.3" wide, 4560 lbs. By the way, except for the weight and height, this is bigger than a current Expedition (119" in wb, 205.8" overall, 78.7": wide). The mid 60's Lincolns had a longer wheelbase (126") but weren't as long overall (216"). A mid-70's Lincoln was bigger 120.4" wb, 228.1" overall lenght, so my guess would be that the biggest "Fords" would be a mid-70's Lincoln.
Ed
This is an interesting question. I had a 1972 2 door LTD. It was long enough for me to stretch my 6' frame out on the hood with a good 6" of room remaining below my feet. It was about 1.5 feet longer than a 15 passenger Dodge van.
CJB

I sold the 1972 LTD Brougham convertible last year that I owned from mew. I gave the buyer all the information I has on the car and I can't recall the dimensions. If memory serves the WB was 122" and it WAS wide. My wife could not reach over on open the passenger door from the driver sear without unhooking her belt and she is 5'9" I know when it was in my garage alongside the 1983 Continental Mark VI Signature I own, it was both longer and wider.
mike hunt
CJB wrote:

The '79 was the last of the really big Lincolns
mike hunt
"C. E. White" wrote:

Actually I think it was one of the Mercury Marquees 69 or so was 19 feet long or sumpen like that. Dodgem
james_anatidae wrote:

My offhand vote would be the 1967 Ford wagon that my next door neighbors bought. $4777.77. I always thought the window sticker had to be made up to get that price.
I think I read that the ~58 Lincoln used as the basis for the 1967 Batmobile was the largest two door car that Ford had produced.
--
---
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 02:05:42 -0500, "james_anatidae"

I thought the 1960ish Lincoln was the largest. -- Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:
"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . . Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House of Representatives, August 17, 1789
My guess would be the 70s Town Car (bigger than the Mark IV).
Ken D.
group

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:40:15 -0500, "Ken Doyle"

The longest wheelbase of any production lincoln was 145 inches. The last 145 inch lincoln produced was the 1940 Model K LWB. 133 Model Ks were built in 1940, some of which were 136" wheelbase.. At least one, the "sunshine special" used as a parade car for presidents Roosevelt and truman had a 160 inch whealbase.
From1958 to 1960 Lincolns had 131 inch wheelbase.1960-63 wheelbase was 123 and total length was 213". 1964-67 had 126" wheelbase and the 67 was 221" long.
The largest Ford branded vehicles produced in quantity were the1969 to 1978 full size Fords at 121 inches. Bumper to bumper length was 225". The Mercury that year was larger at 229" overall. The Ford was 79.5 inches wide, and the Mercury and lincoln were 80".
In 1965-67 the Merc had 123" wheelbase and overall length of 220.4" for some '65-'66 models.

My dad had a '62 Ranch Wagon that sat 46 people and required its own zip code. We had to buy a second car to use as a tug to get it in and out of the garage. Dad sold it to a developer who turned it into condos.
Steve R