Last post a joke......lighten up people, don't get your panties in a bunch, I got the same problem

Page 1 of 2
I got a 2000 F-150 with 36,000 miles and the stupid engine check lite stays on all the time. I got the guys at Jiffy Lube to reset it twice. It came back. The code is PO455. I just can't stand
the thought of taking it into one of the mafia run dealerships to have it fixed. A vehicle with 36,000 miles should have no problems.....oops...this truck wasn't made in Japan....my mistake.

Your problem is obvious: Ignoramous behind the wheel.
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:09:56 -0800, "Scott" <homealone.com> wrote:>

You're right scoot, people like me shouldn't be allowed an opinion or existence in your world. LOL

You have a leak in your fuel evaporative system. Check your gas cap, the vapor lines from the charcoal canister to the fuel tank for leaks and canister purge solenoid for correct operation.
On 23 Feb 2005 20:12:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

thanks sleepdog, I have researched the fault code on the web and saw the gas cap and vapor line but not the purge solenoid.....I'll check it out. :-)
Charcoal canister might be rusted out... probably somewhere inside the left front wheel well, not sure.

Being that it's made of plastic I doubt it.
Well that eliminates that as a root cause. I googled this and found mention of other similar sized vehicles that had metal canisters, might have been earlier models.
Much earlier, Ford has been using plastic for at least 20 years. I do not remember ever seeing a metal one.

On 23 Feb 2005 21:24:17 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

I'll check that but that would seem odd that in 5 years there would be that kind of rust, this is truck sleeps in a garage everynite and hasn't seen a lot of winter driving where there would be salt on roads or beach salt.
It's not rusted, it's plastic.

Since I apparently work for the Mafia, I guess I'll either have to break your kneecaps or pass on helping on this one I wouldn't want to be the one breaking any preconceived notions....
I'm still having trouble with the idea that the dealer is Mafia and JiffyLube is staffed with knowledgeable people....
Jim Warman snipped-for-privacy@telusplanet.net Senior Ford Tech - Diesel Certified.

I am not and have not been affiliated with a dealership since my days of apprenticeship in the mid 60's but, I cannot for the life of me understand why people will not give a dealership a shot at making a repair especially if it is a warranty item. There are damn few independent shops that have the expertise or equipment provided to a dealership technician to get the job done and, it is in their own best interest to do a good job. That is not to say there are no good independent shops but, if an owner does not know or get a good referal to one of these shops, they need to utilize the dealership with the understanding that they stand a far better chance of getting good service by working with these guys instead of berating them at every opportunity. Were it not for you guys who work for the mafia, not many of the independants would have qualified techs to hire.
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:59:59 GMT, "Jim Warman"

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:21:24 -0500, lugnut

Jiffy Lube reset the fault code twice for FREE!!!!! You think any dealer would have done a 2 minute job for free? I don't think so. Not even after buying a $30,000 truck from them.
san luis wrote:

You got nothing for free you knuckle head! They did not fix the problem.
Besides you more than payed for the resets in the price for your new oil pan after the former fry cooks at Jiffy Lube destroyed your oil plug threads.
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:37:55 GMT, 351CJ

Hey bone head, did I say they changed the oil? No I didn't.......pppppfffffffftttttttttttt

I change my own oil and dump the old oil in the street at night just like you.............moron.......LOL
san luis wrote:

Here we go, Bone Head 101...
You have stated here (and then attempted to defend that statement) that you received something of value when the lube monkeys reset your fault code/check engine light.
WTF???
Now pay attention here!
There is no value in reseting the alarm without diagnosing and repairing the cause of the alarm!
At best they did nothing of value for you. At worse they masked a problem that potentially allowed more damage. Resulting in their actions costing you money, loss not value.
Your problems are illustrated by the fact that you would even let one of the idiot lube monkeys at Jiffy Lube look at your vehicle let alone touch it.
Take a deep breath, think about it before you go off half cocked with another asinine reply, that only serves to make you look even more stupid than the last...

Sounds like you got your moneys worth.

Perhaps the dealer realizes that merely turning the light off is a colossal waste of time unless the underlying problem is also fixed.

The truck is 5 years old, exactly how long should they be on the hook handing out freebies?
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:22:57 GMT, aarcuda69062

So it's a waste of time to establish good customer relations?

It's called "customer relations", an alien concept to auto dealers in USA, maybe the whole world. I've never bought a car in a foreign country.
Here is an example of the concept...someone goes to Les Schwab and gets a flat tire fixed for free. Where do you think that person will be inclined to go when it's time for a new set of tires....Sears? Montgomery Ward? Local Dealership? Hell no, you're gonna go to Les Schwab cause you have a good "customer relationship" established.
You people are goofy. All you want to do is jump on someone's back and beat on them, put down opinions. You would probably like to deny my 1st amendment rights too if you could.....