"Leaks" on 95 Ford Escort Wagon.

Recently on very cold December mornings I start up my 95 Escort, turn on the heater and leave it to warm up for a few minutes. For the last several mornings
when I return to the car I notice there is a little puddle of antifreeze that has dripped on the ground near the middle of the front end. Sometimes there is also a small oil leak as well.. about a foot to the left. I can see the antifreeze leaking in a slow drip but can't determine where it's coming from. Radiator was replaced 1 year ago and water pump two years ago. After the car warms up it does not leak again until the next morning. Also I started up the car today after a 2 day break from work with the outside temp 62 degrees... No leak. Any suggestions on what to look for or what to expect when I take it to the shop. Thanks
A lot of cars have an oil filter adapter plate that bolts to the engine block; behind that plate is a gasket that holds the oil in and it also interfaces with the coolant outlet. As the gasket ages, it will leak with a cold engine, but stops leaking when the engine warms up & expands, pressing tighter against the gasket & plate. The solution is a new gasket, hopefully one with an improved design.
LRESA500 wrote:

I am reasonably sure that a 1995 Escort does not have this. The oil filter is on the opposite side from the coolant lines that go back to the heater, which I would think makes this unlikely. Plus I do not see any adapter where I put in the oil filter.
It might be helpful if you told is exactly what model Escort you have (1.8L or 1.9) AT or manual, and the number of miles on the car. And check out http://www.feoa.net (Ford Escort Owners and Appreciators website). It would also be helpful if you tried popping open the hood and looking for leaks and with the engine off remove the hose between the air filter and the throddle body and look at your thermostat / coolant temperature sensors / heater hoses area. And don't be so quick rule out a water pump or radiator, as the quality on most automotive replacement parts is quite poor unless you know where to shop.
Leaking radiators are common on them due to the seals breaking around the plastic tanks. I replaced mine on my 94 with a NAPA unit and it works good. It is a pretty easy job to do. Might be a water pump also.
Leaking crankshaft seal could be the culprit for the oil. Had the timing belt changed? If not then that is the time to do the seal. Only thing that has to come off is the harmonic balancer and right there is the seal pressed into the oil pump housing. It is also an easy fix.