Leather Repair

Can anyone make any recommendations?
www.leatherrepairkits.com has a kit specific to the color I'm looking for (medium graphite), but for $50 is it a waste of money?
What would a dealer charge to fix a puncture wound of about a 1/2" long?
Thanks

The only permanent way to fix a puncture in a leather seat is to replace the cover. Patching it is a band aid at best. You might remove the cover and have it sewn up, you will see the repair though. The dealer won't (can't) repair it, they would replace it.
I guess they wouldn't cover it under the extended warranty. I'll call them and see how much they want to replace the cover.
Thanks!
On 10 Mar 2005 03:40:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

They will most likely send it out to an upholstery shop to get it done, so why not check around with those shops and see what they can do. Also, check the salvage yards.
My guess would be that they'll want to replace the whole seat, not just have the present one re-covered. Good luck! SC Tom

SC Tom wrote:

Recovering seats is very common in dealerships, I've done lots of them. The damage to sleepdogs seat would not be covered because it is a puncture, not a failure like a split seam. Even if it were covered it would be for the seat cover only.