Lincoln

Anybody out there that knows anything about lowriders, please no stupid responses, im trying to get 13inch daytons on my town car 1990 with hydrolics but it wont clear calipers, is there a secret?? im afraid with spacers i will lose a rim.... help

Reply to
shadee5988

Not trying to be a smartass, but maybe this question is better suited in a different forum. Like one that deals specifically with lowriders, hydraulic suspensions, wheel modifications etc. You're asking us to tell you something that most of us already know, without major modifications/fabrication, is never going to happen under normal mechanical repair procedures and not cause the car to slow/stop drastically worse (or at all) under normal braking operation. If this is just a show car that will never be driven or registered for the road, then as another poster suggested, pull the brake caliper and bracket assembly completely off the car and leave it off. Otherwise, if you plan on using this car for the road, and for show as well, you had better take it to a specialty shop that deals with these types of conversions, so that you can drive the car and still be able to stop safely. I'm sure they can come up with a solution that will make clearance for your wheels and also be able to stop the weight of that Lincoln in an emergency. However, I would be prepared to pay a hefty price for this type of modification.

Just my 2 cents, Sharky

Reply to
Sharky

Can you get reverse rims? With reverse rims the wheel comes out from the car not in.

Reply to
Kent_Diego