Lincoln CD changer

I'm a caveman who's never had a car with a CD changer before now, so bear with me. The 10 disc changer in my '97 Lincoln Mark VIII (I believe it's a Sony changer mated to the JVC head unit) plays great...until I hit a fair sized bump. Then, rather than skipping (which I would expect and tolerate), the cartridge seems to disengage. I get a "no disc" error on the display.

What's the most likely problem? A bad cartridge? The previous owner had jammed the cartridge in upside-down, which I had a stereo shop correct. Can it be the changer itself, when it seems to do what it's supposed to do (until I hit a big bump, that is)?

I know this may not be the best forum for this problem, but it seems to be the best one for good answers!

Reply to
Space Ace

forget fixing it......just buy a new one

Reply to
Alan Johnson

Check the Sunday papers for sales at stereo dealerships. Sears prolly has 'em too. You can get a new one, installed, for less than repair costs and it will have better stability and more features. Matter of fact, I'd bet $.75 cents you can get NO parts or repairs for your stereo.

Some years ago. someone stole the cd/radio out of my wifes Honda. The dealership replacement cost was !!!!!!!940.00!!!!!!!!!!

Just for a kick, call your Lincoln dealer and ask for the price on a replacement stereo. Be sitting when you call.

Reply to
Petey the Wonder Dog

Reply to
Space Ace