Lincoln Continental Speed Surge Problem

I'm having difficulty with my 1993 Lincoln Continental, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestion.

The vehicle unexpectedly increases speed all of a sudden, intermittently at any speed other than while in park. I was considering a computer or sensor problem, but am not sure at this point. Its difficult to diagnose since its intermittent.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thank you, Paul snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Paul Genua

Sharon K.Cooke

Thanks. I've had problems in the past idleing due to a dirty IAC valve, so I just replaced it. No better. I'm suspecting maybe the computer??

Any other suggestions?

... Paul

Reply to
Paul Genua