Lincoln Continental Speed Surge Problem

I'm having difficulty with my 1993 Lincoln Continental, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestion.
The vehicle unexpectedly increases speed all of a sudden, intermittently
at any speed other than while in park. I was considering a computer or sensor problem, but am not sure at this point. Its difficult to diagnose since its intermittent.
Has anyone had a similar experience?
Thank you, Paul snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
IAC valve. Clean it or replace it.
Paul Genua wrote:

Thanks. I've had problems in the past idleing due to a dirty IAC valve, so I just replaced it. No better. I'm suspecting maybe the computer??
Any other suggestions?
... Paul
Invest in a code reader for about $30, and there will be no more guesswork & "throwing parts at it" to try fixing a problem..