Lincoln Limos electrics.

I was working for a short while as a limosine driver. I quit. The electrics while very fancy had a tendency to be freaky and would screw up when locking or unlocking the vehicle, usually resulting
in being locked out. The owner had some keys about 1 1/2 hours away. Very doo for customer moral and certainly the driver. Is Ford going backwards in as far as electrics is concerned? These vehicles cost a mint, and have the same wobbly electrics as the old english cars after the war. This car was ancient by modern standards , about 9 years old, but still you have to wonder. The upkeep of these cars is phenomenal.

I wonder if it wasn't something small, like a bad battery.
Why didn't you carry a spare key? I think they are the electronic ones that cost like $50 or $100, but far less than a three-hour tour ride by your boss.
I have ridden in a few Lincolns with a lot of miles. There are garages in Harlem, NYC, where they have lots of limos, which pretty much take the place of taxis in the area. I am sure there are garages like these in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and other places as well.
If taken care of, they do last a long time.
Jeff
Jeff
Jeff wrote:

No not the battery. We are in Australia with the car fully imported. The boss was freaky about keys as well so no spare keys as they cost too much, and he lost several as well. Just crappy loose ignition switch with other electrics also worn.

I would suspect the problem lies with poor maintenance and poor driver understanding of automobile operation.
McAlisters wrote:

Poor driver, Poor maintainance? Really, I reckon thats a poor assesment. The locks should be sturdy and not poor!
The maintainance should be damn near minimal! Its only a simple mechanism which extraordinarily wouldnt need much maintainance, and doesn't in imported cars. I believe its a design to create sales and frustration, but it would backfire in normal situations where people would refuse to buy another one of these. Thats the reason why the American industry is having difficulty! Crap cars. Its poor design if you have to "understand" a locking system. You work for ford? Sounds like a comment they would make. Im 60 and I reckon I know a smart aleck if I hear one. Like the song goes, " youre gonna start me drinking if you dont stop driving the old ford lincoln : words changed to suit....

Harlem, NYC, where they have lots of limos, which pretty much take the place of taxis in the area. I am sure there are garages like these in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and other places as well.

boss was freaky about keys as well so no spare keys as they cost too much, and he lost several as well. Just crappy loose ignition switch with other electrics also worn.

The maintainance should be damn near minimal! Its only a simple mechanism which extraordinarily
wouldnt need much maintainance, and doesn't in imported cars.
I believe its a design (by the accountants) to create sales and frustration, but it would backfire in normal situations where people would refuse to buy another one of these. Thats the reason why the American industry is having difficulty! Crap cars. Its poor design if you have to "understand" a locking system. You work for ford? Sounds like a comment they would make. Im 60 and I reckon I know a smart aleck if I hear one. Like the song goes, " youre gonna start me drinking if you dont stop driving the old ford lincoln : words changed to suit....