Lincoln Mark V11

I am an old ford mechanic and i have been saving my 1985 Mark V11 for my son but he now says its not cool enough for him. The car has my obselete parts on it
and i need to make contact with some needy lincoln owners. Please help. Thanks in advance for any help.
mark.mcqueen wrote:

Hi Mark, Sorry about your son's taste in cars. All 3 of my kids, all at or near driving age, think my 84 is the coolest thing on wheels. One day I'm going to toss the keys on the floor and let the winner have it;) Anyway, what are you looking to do with your Mark VII. You could sell it complete or part it. There are pros and cons to both. I would suggest checking out www.lincolnsonline.com There are a lot of MK VII owners,enthusiasts, and just plain addicts there who would be interested.                 Tom
mark.mcqueen wrote:

I think Your son should take anther look at the Lincoln. Not Cool? wrong! The car was great stock and better if tricked out. Much better than some wussy Honda. It seats 4 has a 5.0 V-8 stock, great lines and plushy interior. Show him these web pages:http://tnmotorsports.com/lsc.htm
http://www.svpu.com/index.html

I stopped by to see a friend of mine and noticed an older Porsche 928 parked on the side street. Turns out it had been kept in a garage by a guy who thought his son would love it when he got old enough. But he didn't. Then my friend bought it and his son doesn't want it either.
Other than a distinct resemblance to a AM Pacer, it seems like it ought to be a "cool" car for a teenager.
--
---
--------------020001030507070106000102 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
snipped-for-privacy@XReXXLinco.usenet.us.com wrote:

Well I'll gladly trade my Taurus for a 928!
--------------020001030507070106000102 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Other than a distinct resemblance to a AM Pacer, it seems like it ought to be a "cool" car for a teenager.
--------------020001030507070106000102--

You're kidding me! When I learned to drive 10 years ago, the Mark VII was tops on my list of cars to buy. Wasn't able to find a decent one in my area and ended up with an '85 Crown Victoria instead. I didn't complain. :)
-Matt
Nowadays most kids expect their parents to provide their first cars and cover the insurance.
Then they wrap that new beamer around a tree acting like a hot shot.
The first car should be a beater to take the hits a young and inexperienced driver inflicts on a vehicle. Also teaches them responsibility and helps instill an appreciation for maintaining a motor vehicle and the costs involved.
An 85 Lincoln passed down serves all of these purposes well. If it isn't cool enough for you kid, he has two options.
1 - buy his own "cooler" vehicle. 2 - drive the Lincoln and suffer the setback to his not fully developed ego.
Kid doesn't know what he has in front of him. He can fit at least six of his pals in their and go party hopping, not to mention starting his own lawn-doctoring service. Subtract three and it's the instant teenage pimp mobile.
What more should he want?
A Mark VII in good condition is still a "chick magnet". Maybe the kid isn't aware of that.
Hallraker wrote:

Not to mention, it should be a hell of a lot of fun to drive, too. I had an '84 T-Bird Elan - I still miss it. (But my long legs fit into my '95 Vic better.)
Paul

Paul of Dayton wrote:

My 84 MK VII is a ball to drive, and it's only got the lame 140hp CFI engine. The air suspension makes it even better. I'm dealing on an 88 LSC with about 100 more HP. The trans is toast. I've got the parts to do a T-5 swap waiting. I can't wait.             Tom
Cool!

Paul of Dayton wrote:

Hey Paul, If you would like to see some of the cool things guys are doing to MK VIIs, check out www.lincolnsonline.com. Thats where I got the idea. The Fox chassis Mustangs and T-Birds are getting scarcer and more expensive now. Their upscale cousin is starting to get some serious attention.
My Gosh! I had no idea they were getting thin. I just peeked at Ebay - there are exactly 2 Fox Marks. You could buy two MK VIII's for the price of one MK VII.
I miss my T-Bird Elan. It was an '84 - that year it had almost as much gizmo-tech as the Mark. The dealer's wife had driven mine (she ordered it) and the only option it didn't have was the talking warning box thingie. When I joined a Hi-Fi store, the chief installer told me the car was the best design for stereo he had ever seen. Speaker holes in the right spots, aimed right, everything.
Thanks for the link! Paul