Lincoln recommended tire pressure?

I can't find a number on the tire, except the maximum pressure, and there is no sticker on the door pillar, or anywhere else I can see...
Michelin XSE P225/60R17
'04 Lincoln Towncar, pretty normal driving, no excess loads.
So what's the consensus on tire inflation pressure?

Maximum pressure. At that pressure, the car will be most fuel efficient and tire wear will be minimized.
Jeff

Sorry, I was wrong. I misread your post.
Please look in your owner's manual, in the glove comparment where there may be a sticker or on your door sticker.
Jeff

Jeff wrote:

"Petey the Wonder Dog" will need your full legal address & particulars to furnish to his attorney.
Rob
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:50:31 GMT, Petey the Wonder Dog

look at the door sticker
hurc ast
snipped-for-privacy@kato.com wrote:

That was helpful. According to Ford, the stickers are supposed to be permanently affixed to the car in one of three places: on the door, on the pillar, or in the glove box.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Petey the Wonder Dog wrote:

Look on the passenger side back door or jamb. The size & inflation chart is over there...
Rob
Far as I can tell, someone wrote:

None of the doors or pillars or jams have inflation stickers.
There are child safety lock stickers, side airbag stickers and bar code stickers. No inflation stickers.
Inside the glove box is only fuzzy fabric. No stickers.
The owners manual says to use the tire manufacturers recommendation. No help.
I was hoping some one would know the number.
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:23:25 GMT, Petey the Wonder Dog

Many shops default to 32 psi for most cars.
Stickers tend to range from 26-32 for the tires that the vehicle came with. Does it have the exact same tire the car was sold with?
Far as I can tell, someone wrote:

That's exactly what I am going to do.
General around town driving on smooth roads.
Thanks
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:50:31 GMT, Petey the Wonder Dog

It's a balance. Keep in mind higher pressure = more noise, slight reduction in maximum adhesion. Lower pressure = more sidewall deformation and handling that's not quite as "sharp". Plus slightly accelerated tire wear.
what do you want to do with the car? Highways or pothole riddled city streets?