Lincoln Town Car as a tow car ?

We would like to purchase a 12-14' TT, they seem weigh somewhere in the

2000-2400# range. I'm not a big fan of trucks and vans...would prefer to tow with a Lincoln Town Car in '98 model year range. The dealers of both the car and TT say this shouldn't be any problem. Has anyone in this group used this combination ? Thanks Zork
Reply to
Zork

That year should be rated for 5000#, same as CV. With tow package, Not sure how much without.

Reply to
Arthur Hardy

Zork,

You will likely get a more definitive answer by posting your question on newsgroup: rec.outdoors.rv-travel

If you are uninitiated in trailer towing, you need also to learn about trailer braking systems, sway control, trailer light relays, auto-trans coolers, heavy-duty radiators, towing-class hitches, etc.

If you have not yet bought the car, you might look for one with a factory installed trailer-tow package. It makes a BIG difference, even with a trailer as light in weight as that which you are considering.

I used to pull a 4700 lb. 24-footer with a '87 Crown Vic, 5.0L. It did quite nicely.

Zork wrote:

Reply to
getupand