Lincoln Town Car - autolamp question

I have a Lincoln Town Car (2001) which has the autolamp facility - but the lights turn on at quite a high ambient a light level. The dashboard sensor is clean and not covered by anything. Does
anyone know how I can set / repair the system so that it will switch on the lights when the ambient light level is lower?
regards Martyn
Try you local LM dealer, WBMA.
mike