Lincoln Town Car Hi-beam flashing on and off problem - advice sought.

I have a Lincoln Town Car (1994) with a headlight problem: when travelling using hi-beam, after a while the headlights will start to flash on and off. If I then switch to low beam for several minutes and
then back to hi-beam all is OK. This problem has occasionally appeared in the past but is becoming more regular now.
If anyone knows what the problem is - I'd welcome any advice.
snipped-for-privacy@spamex.com wrote:

There's a circuit breaker built into the headlight switch. Replace the switch AND install headlight relays. Your headlight switch and MF switch will then last the life of the car & then some, and you'll have brighter headlights as a bonus.
Sharon K.Cooke wrote:

Many thanks for that. When you say headlight switch do you mean the main "pull out" light, etc. switch on the dash OR the column "indicator" switch which is used to switch between high and low beams.
snipped-for-privacy@spamex.com wrote:

I mean the headlight switch on the dash; it contains a (non-serviceable) circuit breaker. The 'other' switch is the multifunction (MF) switch.
Thanks Sharon
That fixed it.
Martyn
Replace the switch, WBMA.