Lincolns

My sister aslo drives a Lincoln but its an 87 so she doesn't have as many problems with it

Hmm...I'm a big Ford Fan but I -personally- would not mess with any ford that was less than EECIV, Port Injection.
But if you have a CFI, (throttle body) that's STILL better than a Carb..IMO, of course.
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Yep Backyard, I heartily agree. Upkeep on a 20 year old EEC-IV CFI can be, how can I say it nicely, ...an adventure. I hear EEC-III is even worse, not much experience. I love my 84 Mark (except for the wimpy 120HP 302). I recently had problems with globs of carbon blocking the EGR valve open. I found a 1985 TSB that addressed it that included a, now, non existant carbon trap. I just cleaned the tract as best I could and hoped for the best. The cats and most (all) of the CFI sensors and parts are original. I'm due for multiple failures soon. Luckily I have most of the manuals, I'm still looking for the Emissions/Engine control manual. (Did they call it Volume H back then?) Most of my problems have been, of course, electrical. The Blower Speed Controller stopped applying power to the AC compressor just today. Talk about an unobtanium part! The older a car gets, the more that care and feeding becomes a labor of love. (or at least tolerance).;)