Link Bolt Torque values

1983 Grand marquis.

Well, this weekend I finally figured out what one of the car's rattling sounds are.... a peice of rubber had dried and deteriorated and fallen off, so the stabalizer bar link bolt had about an inch of play in it.

So I bought a pair of kits and put them on. The shop manual says to torque the bolts 9-12 foot pounds. I've never done this job before... for some reason this seems a little light to me. I know the nuts have an interference fit on them, but still, it seems a little light.

Any input on this?

Thanks,

Nic

Reply to
Robotnik

It's probably acceptable. Here's a guide for you:

If your links are 1/4 inch or so, medium grade steel, course threads, sufficient hold comes about at 7.5 (that's seven and a half) ft/lbs.

Reply to
William Hopkins

Those numbers sound fine.

Reply to