Link Bolt Torque values

1983 Grand marquis.
Well, this weekend I finally figured out what one of the car's rattling sounds are.... a peice of rubber had dried and deteriorated and fallen off,
so the stabalizer bar link bolt had about an inch of play in it.
So I bought a pair of kits and put them on. The shop manual says to torque the bolts 9-12 foot pounds. I've never done this job before... for some reason this seems a little light to me. I know the nuts have an interference fit on them, but still, it seems a little light.
Any input on this?
Thanks,
Nic

Here's a guide for you: http://www.efunda.com/designstandards/screws/fasteners_intro.cfm http://www.efunda.com/designstandards/screws/calc_bolt_torque.cfm
If your links are 1/4 inch or so, medium grade steel, course threads, sufficient hold comes about at 7.5 (that's seven and a half) ft/lbs.