Location of Door Ajar Sensor

We have a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT and one of the door sensors has been causing the dash light to come on.
I think it is the driver's door and suspect (guessing) it
may be a bad ground.
Anyone know where the sensor is located?
Its in the latch on the door most likely. 9 times out of 10 a liberal spray with wd-40 or similar lube will free the sticking switch and fix your problem.
IIRC the switch is near the top of the latch inside, try to get the lube up high inside.

Scott,
Thanks for the response..... I am going to spray the crap out of everything associated with the latch.
Stay tuned!
Dick

Thanks for the tip. i think it may have worked as the light has not come back on again. Have my fingers crossed!
Dick
In article

I think you got it too. VERY common Ford problem.

The shots of WD40 helped but the door ajar light still comes on some of the time. Cannot get to fail but sometimes it works perfect the gets it brains scrambled.
Any suggestions other than shots of WD-40?
Dick

In article <arkayREMOVE-EF1E30.02325403042008

heard that works is replace the switch.
--
I. Care

I have not been able to see or find the switch so no way could I replace it. Guess I will just keep shotting WD40 n the blind
In article <arkayREMOVE-855828.15564703042008

They will probably be glad to show you the diagram of it's location so you can be sure it's what you want, then decide if you want to tackle the job.
--
I. Care
Did you clean the other switches?(other doors)

Yes, I did the passenger door as well as the rear hatch. FYI, have not seen the door ajar for two days. Fingers are crossed