Location of OBD on 1996 F-Series

Hello all, would anyone happen to know where exactly the connection is for the OBD II on a 1996 F-250? I have a friend's scanner for a few days and want to check out why my CEL is on. Looked around under the dash, but can't find the interface...anyone? Thanks in advance! The Doctor

Reply to
The Doctor

Look under the dash, slightly to the right or passenger side of the trans hump

Reply to
Jim Warman

I'm pretty sure a 1996 F-250 is OBD I, or EEC-IV in this case. The connector is under the hood, near the firewall.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

I'm pretty sure you're wrong, by law all 96 and newer are OBDII. Anyway on that truck it should be under the dash on the passenger side between the center hump and the glove box. Bob

Reply to
Bob

See

. Ed