Location of the charge valve (A'C) on the 2003 Ford Tauras

Can someone please tell me where the A/C charge valve is located ,for the

2003 Ford Tauras please. Thanks --ED
Reply to
mmfan

Lower right fender ahead of the wheel house.

Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

Charge valve???? There are two "test ports".... Done correctly, we evacuate the AC system and install a prescribed amount of refrigerant by weight through the high side port after performing leak testing... This method is environmantally sound and can, in the hands of a decent tech, reveal any concerns that can addto long term expenses.

However, some feel they deserve second rate repairs and have an intense desire to avoid thinking of what kind of planet they will hand over to their grandchildren.

Additionally, not being able to find the low side port shows a distinct inability to understand the workings of the AC system. Without a basic understanding of the physics of this system, (or any system, for that matter), we shouldn't be trying to do driveway diagnostics.

We slopped R12 around for years and years until we found that this wasn't Gods gift to humanity..... we refuse to learn from our history and now we will slop a different compound around until we see how bad it's gonna f*ck us up. Yep... clean air is good so long as it doesn't cost me anything.....

Flame away..... The only thing thcker than my skin is some peoples heads....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Well, I aint gonna argue with you, Warman... not in this case.

Because for a car to go low on refrig in 3 years points to a leak problem that needs to be resolved. My 95 has never been touched, for a fact

If it were a one-owner and a 97, that might be different.

- - - - -- - - -- - - - But something to think about... how about a commercial HVAC tech that goes around slitting coil tubes on residential A/C's??!!!

I'd have loved to caught the bastard, probably get some company's license yanked!

{I have a feeling it's fairly common .... cause when I mentioned the damage to the counter guy at the supplier, he immediatley remarked on "Someone drumming up business"}

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

One of the great complexities of modern living..... we can have someone good at their craft that has good morals (as nice find).. we can have someone good at their craft with no scruples..... we can someone with poor skills and the references of a saint.... or we can have someone bereft of both talent and integrity. Vandalsm in the name of job creation is abhorrant and disgusting.... sadly, after watching the evening news on any given day, I don't find it surprising.

I'm not perfect.... my youth has many incidence that I would rather not remember..... But, they serve as a constant companion and reminder that today I can I will strive to be above reproach and display my integrity proudly. As I tried so hard to instill in my son (and, it appears to have worked), we only need to think "why am I about to do this?" and follow it up with "would I want this done to me?".

I'd like to meet you someday..... I'm sure it would be a most interesting encounter...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Yeah, me too... but that's called 'learning experience' and is something that cant be bought or taught in Academe.

I have one son that is making great strides in the LA area real estate development market... and the reason he gets more and more decisions in favor of his company, not just from holders but from zoning committees, is that he has developed a rep of "If he says he'll do it, you can count on it; no ups, no extra's, no gotcha's"

I made a lot of mistakes with my kids but the ONE thing their mom and I instilled in all of them was "Put yourself in the others' shoes".

- - - - - - But what pissed me off about that AC condenser incident was that when I pointed out that the coil slits were hard to find, knife angled down so that oil bled out inward and no fins disturbed, the property owner just shrugged it off and said "Well, now you know what to look for".

I saved him over 700 bucks for two units and that's all I got! Not even a pat on the back... oh, well.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I for one would like to hear the rest of this story. Bob

Reply to
Bob