Looking for a battery

First, Happy New Year to you all and thanks for the help this past year. I'm looking for a new battery for my '05 Ford Escape. My question is should I
get one from the dealer or go to Auto Zone? I'm obviously looking for the best battery for the money. I should say that I like my dealer, and the price for a new battery there isn't much more than a top-of-the-line from Auto Zone. Still, the warranty on Auto Zone's best battery is insane (good), and I want something that will crank in really cold weather.
Last oil change and checkup at the dealer showed I needed a new battery but all the systems were fine. I started having trouble when the temp here dropped and assume it will just get worse. And, yeah, I don't mind changing the battery in the parking lot. :-)
Thanks

I don't live in a frigid zone, but I've had a Wal-Mart battery in my '02 Escape for 6 years now with no problems whatsoever.
If the price, CCA, etc., are pretty much the same between the dealer and Auto Zone, I'd go with the better warranty. Never know when you might get a bad one, even top of the line.
--
SC Tom

I agree wtih Tom.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

five years than a battery with a 5 year warranty that I need to change every year. My favourite is the Megatron from Interstate. I've never had one fail in 5 years - and I've had at least 3 last over 8 years.

I hear ya!
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

My last 8 year Autozone lasted 5 years. Now I'm on a 7 year.

years. The trouble was worth more than the battery.
Well, this became a no brainer. No local shops have a battery for my car and they can't get one for a week. My dealer will install a battery tomorrow for the same price with a better warranty than the Interestate and free towing if the battery won't start the car. Yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards the Interstate, too, but the temps here have been really, really cold, and I've been having to start the car with a booster box every time now.
Thanks for the advice, and hey, it's cheaper than a car payment. :-)