Looking for a car detailer

I have a 2010 Mercury Milan,Tuxedo Black Metallic. I just saw a couple light scratches on the door. I tried Dupont Polishing Compound. It didn't completely remove them. I now have a Dulled looking area where i used the compound. What should i do to fix this ?

Reply to
desgnr

Polish!

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You either got a polish thats too abrasive or you don't know what you're doing.

It is really tough to get rid of scratches in clear, especially on a black car, every damn thing just jumps out.

When you polish a spot, you also remove the small orange peel and make it very flat, which only makes whats left of the scratches more noticible.

Get somebody that knows what they are doing to try it.

Dick Cheney