Looking for a mid-size domestic car recommendation

Page 13 of 16
Bill Turner wrote:

Coffee properly prepared will be hot enough to cause third degree burns. A knife properly sharpened will cut to the bone. A plum not chewed will lodge in your throat and choke you.
What was that old John Wayne move line ... something like, "Life is tough, but it's tougher if you are stupid." You must have a very tough life.
Matt
Well said!
Refinish King

You are a convoluted piece of work, that is for sure. Your posts make you appear to be one who simply likes to be heard, without regard to the veracity of your statements.. We will concede that a McDonald's store most likely has one or more of the degreasers, or other chemicals available on the market, to use in cleaning but I doubt they have nitroglycerine on the premises that might be accidentally dispensed to a customer. Please keep posting, we in the NG's can benefit from a good laugh on occasion during a slow day LOL
mike hunt
Bill Turner wrote:

Does anyone, with any common sense at all, need to be warned that coffee is hot? or that putting a cup of just brewed coffee between your legs while driving an automobile is stupid? Do I need to put a warning at the bottom of my driveway that warns it is steep? Do I need to put a warning sign on my lawn that says "grass is slipperery when wet" just in case it rains and the mailman decides to put my mail on my porch?
Give everyone a break already. Everyone knows we are slowly eliminating Darwins theory. We protect the stupid and give them large monetary awards. The gene pool is slowly being diluted by people that should have left this world long ago.
snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

I can't even bring myself to laugh at him. I actually feel sorry for him. Anyone that dependent on mom, dad and the government is really a sorry soul.
Matt
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:04:24 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

Naaaah, I'm just hoping to lure you over to my house where I will prepare a "special" cup of coffee for you.
And please, only one period at the end of a sentence. Save the other to put in your coffee. :-)
--
BT

How's that any different from people selling tools?
http://www.bigclassaction.com/class_action/nailgun.html
If you're too stupid to not know how to handle it then don't use it. Same goes for coffee and nitroglycerine. There is an inherent danger in things. If people wanted to they could hurt themselves with chapstick!
Phillip Schmid wrote:

Your link didnt work (for me anyway), but I can see it now: A few years from now, every pencil sold will have a little safety warning that you have to sign and give back to the merchant saying that you understand not to stick it in your, or another person's, or an animal's eye because it can cause blindness (actually that would only happen if you poked both eyes out, but when it comes to protecting yourself from legal actions, it's OK to overstate your case - you can't be too careful). Either that, or you'd have to have training and receive certification in the operation of a pencil before you could legally buy one.

You just don't get it.
1. It's ok to hand someone a sharp object if they know it's sharp.
2. It's ok to hand someone a dangerously hot object if they know it's dangerously hot.
3. It's NOT OK to hand someone an object which they have no reason to suspect is dangerous when it really is. Coffee should be able to be drunk immediately when it's handed to you. IF YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT TO COOL, YOU SHOULD BE TOLD. McD's didn't and that's why they lost.
Can't make it much clearer, guys.
--
BT

Bill Turner wrote:

Coffee should be able to be drunk immediately when they hand it to you?
OK - I finally get it - you're a troll - and I'm not one to pull out the troll card at the drop of a hat - probably done it 3 times in 5 years of surfing. I'm a little slow sometimes.
Bill Turner wrote:

Yes, you've made it quite clear that you can't think for yourself and depend on others to look out for you.
Matt
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:05:45 -0500, "Phillip Schmid"

Lawyers may be a lot of things but one thing they are not is stupid. Want to know why lawyers seek out stupid people? They are a Lawyers tools of the trade.
I'll give you an example of why lawyers spend so much to find clients. My brother in-law is a criminal defense lawyer, his partner did a referral to another lawyer then forgot about the referral, 2 years later out of the blue he gets a cheque for $150,000 (bird dog fee)
If you were the lawyer would you care what the case was? Or would you just want to get as many stupid clients (class action potentials) as possible?
See? I knew that you'd understand

An honest lawyer (the one who sent the fee). I'll be damned. Must be honor among thieves, right?
--
BT

Just a case of:
A slimeball covering his ass, incase the other didn't forget about the referral.
They have the referred client sign a release and that comes off of the top like an expense, and the client gets bled another way, if it is in fact a justifiable law suit.
Refinish King

In some states, such a referral fee is illegal. If you don't do work you don't get paid.

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:05:45 -0500, "Phillip Schmid"

Not too different. Have you bought a tool lately? The manual probably has more pages on safety than on operation. At least they're giving you a warning.
McDonalds could have gone that way with all kinds of warnings, cautions, etc, but instead they just decided to sell coffee at a low enough temperature that it will not injure. Clever, huh?
--
BT

One thing that puzzles me?
Why did the lady put the cup of coffee betwixt her legs?
I know even coffee that isn't near the boiling point might hurt my family jewels, so would this lady be so to be polite: "Misguided" and put the coffee between her legs, near her snatch?
Refinish King
PS I think McDonalds saw it as a nuisance suit and disposed of it as quickly as possible?

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 03:38:52 GMT, "Refinish King"

Probably had a car without a cup holder. You youngsters don't remember, but they used to make 'em that way.
And with that, having accomplished nothing, I'm quitting this thread.
I'll try to come visit y'all in the hospital as often as I can.
--
BT

Bill Turner wrote:

That's OK, don't bother, you might slip and fall on the way in and sue the hospital. My medical care costs enough already. Please just stay home with your remote control and don't do anything where you might hurt yourself.
Matt
On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:59:57 -0400, Matt Whiting

Good LORD Matt !
Just What are you encouraging?
Bill will get repetitive strain injury in his thumb from the remote, TV news induced Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, onset of obesity and a propensity for diabetes from the food the TV commercials are "forcing" him to consume, back strain from trying to get off his ass to go to the refrigerator, etc, etc, etc.....
Quick, someone call that man a Lawyer !