Looking for a mid-size domestic car recommendation

Page 14 of 16
LOL!
What about the heart attack he gets when he try's dialing the lawyer?
The problem with society today is, every wants to blame everyone else!
I've had cars without cup holders, and I've never put cups of hot coffee
between my legs! My nuts were as important to me then, as they are to me now!
Refinish King

Full_Name wrote:

OK, Bill you're a Lawyer! Actually, I hadn't thought of that before, but I'll bet he IS a lawyer. That would explain is POV.
Matt
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:05:45 -0500, "Phillip Schmid"

Let me read that again. "There is no inherent danger in things".
Wow. Lawyers all over the land are salivating, just thinking about that little beauty.
Please post a list of places you work, things you are responsible for, etc, etc, so they can get started.
--
BT

All right, I screwed up. I mistook "an" for "no". Duh. When I goof, I say so.
--
BT

Bill Turner wrote:

Yes, you've provided a great example of airhead thinking in your example. Comparing nitroglycerine to hot coffee is pretty dumb.

My recollection is that McDonald's coffee cups have had warnings for many years about the contents being hot. And you have to assume some reasonable intelligence on the part of the public. Almost any consumer product is dangerous if used improperly. Things like ladders shouldn't need 25 warning labels for crying out loud. Then again, with people like you, maybe these warnings are needed, however, you can never had enough warnings for people who think like you.
Matt

Now you're getting it, which proves you're even dumber than McDonalds. They got it years ago.
--
BT

snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

As far as I know Corning hasn't went out of business. And I have a pretty good reason for knowing!
Matt
You are correct, Corning recovered from Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
mike hunt
Matt Whiting wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

Keep trying. Corning (GLW) has never been in Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Dow Corning has, but not Corning Incorporated, commonly known simply as Corning.
Matt
Touch. ;)
mike hunt
Matt Whiting wrote:

Corning got pretty close though. Built too much fiber-optics capacity during the dot com boom. I believe they have a empty shell of a plant on the NC coast if they haven't unloaded it yet.

Art wrote:

Only if you consider Concord, NC to be on the coast. :-) And I don't think it is empty, just idle.
Matt
Concord is near Charlotte. They also built a box near Wilmington and it is empty. http://www.bizsites.com/2001/dj2001/hotspots.nc.html

Art wrote:

Wrong again. The Wilmington plant is running very well.
Matt
Yes you are correct. The plants were closed but are now open.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0UKG/is_2002_Jan_21/ai_82532573
My news was old news.

Art wrote:

You are much closer now, but the Wilmington plant was never shut down ... other than when the occasional hurricane threatens.
Matt
The article indicates it was closed. Perhaps they just delayed outfitting it. Anyway, who cares.

What do you expect from an ignorant top poster?
I think you'll find that the US's 'medical record', such as infant mortality, isn't as good as you think it is, despite all that (private) spending
DAS
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:30:57 -0400, Geoff

I was referring to global market share. Market share that was, in part developed by bombing (or benefitting from the bombing) of other motor vehicle manufacturer's plants thereby destroying competitors production capacity (UK, Germany, etc)

upper class and that collectively; through Charity we have destroyed the garment production industry in Africa? Through subsidies we have destroyed the profitable sustainable farming in South America? Through embargo's and subterfuge we have destroyed the Soviet block's standard of living and environmental sustain ability as well as their secure hold on their weapons? Through the world bank we have forced open immature markets and flooded them with consumer goods destroying their developing manufacturers.
Here's the crux of the question: How much did YOU personally do to guarantee these actions took place? How much more productive do you feel you are than an East Indian University graduate working for pennies on your dollar?
Now take that relative comparison and transpose it onto any American CEO's wages relative to any other cultures CEO's wages. Still think that American CEO's are exponentially better?

Compare Standard of Living per hour worked Norwegian to American. Might come as a bit of a shock to you. Many Europeans only work 35 hours per week v/s 45-55 hours per week in the US and England (I should specify that hours worked apply for men primarily).
I wasn't inferring that there would be a return to Feudalism, merely that as an aging and fractionally small percentage of the worlds population we should be thinking of a way of increasing everyone's wealth not just the wealth of a few.
If things continue as they have been the past 10-20 years the US will be looking to China for Aid and support in the Future just as England now looks to the US.