Looking for ideas on Lincoln Transmission Problem

Hello all...

I have a 2003 Lincoln LS with 24K miles that I've brought to the dealership this week for transmission problems. The same problems that I've brought it in for in the past to the same dealership. Now I'm being told I need a new transmission. However, the car is 4 days outside of the warranty period. Ford is offering to pay for half of the repair ($3000 total). Some is better than none. But they say that's all they will do. I've been on the phone with Ford twice now about the problem pleading with them to pay for the entire thing. They say it's non-negotiable and they are done and that I should refer all correspondence to the service manager of the dealership.

I plan on doing that.. but does anyone else agree that Ford should be responsible for the entire amount? Any ideas of what to say or do?

Thanks, Fred

Reply to
Freddie

If you have done your maintenance as Ford requests in the scheduled servicing, and you've saved your receipts from the previous problems that you've had with the tranny and if everything is 100% as you say it is, it's time to call a lawyer.

Reply to
Kruse

If you have work-orders for the same problem previous to the expiry of warranty and it has not been fixed place a claim with your local small claims court and have the car repaired. Pay the 50% they say you owe them, but mark the payment as "with prejudice" I believe is the term - or simply "disputed". In all likelihood you WILL win the small claims judgement - if the dealership allows it to go that far.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

You likely don't even have to pay for the "schyster" - not required in small claims court.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

I would pay 1/2 of it like they suggest, then, once the repair is made, sue them in court. Make sure that you have proof that return the car to the them for the problem in warranty.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

As an alternative, paint something on the car like "Don't buy cars here. The dealership doesn't fix warranty problems." Park it legally in front of the dealership. Contact your local papers, radio stations and TV stations.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I would have to guess that this is ESP warranty rather than BtoB warranty? There is a tremendous differance...

If this was BtoB, the dealer could offer AWA (after warranty adjustment). ESP offers no such grace and 50/50 would be about as good as you can expect...

Having said that... you must remember that I have no idea what the concern may be... engagement problem? Upshift or downshift problem? Shift quality? Did the dealer fall down on the job or was it a case of not enough info to recreate the concern?

Many feel that all we have to do is plug in the "magic box" and it tells us exactly what is wrong... and nothing can be further from the truth. There is no "magic box" that says "replace this part"....

I'm sorry, guy... there are just too many unanswered questions to give a decent answer....

Reply to
Jim Warman

dont these newer cars say we only need to change the plugs every 100k, is there really any regular maintenance to be done by 24k?

Reply to
Max Power