Looking for Loud Flasher for 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis

The original flasher (Wagner 325) was loud enough but the click rate had slowed way down. I bought a replacement Tridon but you could hardly hear it. Then I tried the Tridon LF-12 Loud Flasher. It was about as loud as the original Wagner but because of it's greater height, you could not put the fuse holder cover back on. I tried Wagner's website but they don't show the 325.

Any help would be appreciated.

George

Reply to
George Nuetzel

Wagner probably still makes a flasher for the car. Perhaps they use a different number. You can try your local auto store.

Have you tried the dealer?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Try the parts dept. at a Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealer, WBMA.

mike hunt

George Nuetzel wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt

Thanks Jeff and Mike. My next stop will be at a Mercury/Ford dealership.

George

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Reply to
George Nuetzel
70's Datsun's used a spacer between the flasher and the socket. In it was a clicker to make the signal audible. Dodge pickups also have loud flashers. If your flasher is the normal one with the pins 90 degrees from each other they might interchange.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I had a relative that could not hear too well anymore and asked me to install a buzzer or something so he could hear his flashers. I installed one of the "Sonalert" audio devices so it would energize when his flashers were on. If you think that might work for you try here:

I.Care

I think the one you need is a wagner 552 heavy duty.

Reply to
Scott M