Looking for some tools

Hi, The motorised seat belt in my '96 Escort LX is stuck. After much research and from the owner's manual I found that I can pull the seat belt all the way back with the tools that are provided along with the car. Unfortunately when I bought the car from a private party, I didn't get any of those tools.

Is there someone around the Sacramento,CA area from whom I can borrow that one piece of tool for 5 minutes?

Thanks, Senthil.

Reply to
C.G.Senthilkumar.

1) The person who sold you the car. 2) A local dealer. 3) Anyone in your area who has an Escort with the motorised seat belt. 4) You might be able to borrow one from a local autozone or other auto parts stores. They often have tools that you may borrow for a little while. Usually, these are things like pulley pullers, but you might get lucky.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I now disconnected the power supply to the motor. I got the tools and tried to pull the seat belt to the lock position manually using the hex nut wrench. But I couldn't rotate the hex nut.

Any thoughts.

Thanks in advance. Senthil.

Reply to
C.G.Senthilkumar.

It sounds like the drive belt is damaged and binding up the motor. You will need to take the motor and track asy out, disassemble it and replace at, least , the belt. There may also be other damaged parts. Look closely at the belt guide on the motor. The last belt I replaced wse ~$15, but that was a couple of years ago. Remove the A and B pillar trim to expose the motor\track asy. Remove the track all in one piece. The rest should be self explanitory.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Wow! You make it sound easy.

But I'm not sure, how to remove the trims A & B. Can you please tell me how to remove it? I can't find any screws or pry-points to remove those 2 trims.

Thanks in advance. Senthil.

Reply to
C.G.Senthilkumar.