Losing control of the fuel efficiency debate

Page 6 of 9
What make you believe fuel mileage is the primary reason one buy a vehicle?
As to a V8 vis a v a V6. I own both and here in the mountains the average
mileage is around the same although the EPA difference is four miles per gallon.

You never saw me say that.
True but we 'saw' what you posted

I have never suggested what you mentioned. Not once. If you disagree, which you will, find the text that proves your point and post that text, surrounded by quotation marks, in your next message.
It appears you are jealous of the fact you can not afford a 'bigger' vehicle ;)

What vehicles does witfal own?
Again you answer a question with a question but do not answer the question asked of you.

said:

I asked you what vehicles witfal owns because you said he could not afford a bigger vehicle. Without your knowing what he owns, your statement is vapor. I won't tell you (yet) what I own because you're incapable of staying focused, so the information would merely serve as a distraction and cause more clutter in this discussion. I'm in no mood for your clutter.
What vehicles does witfal own?
Apparently you can't afford an SUV either
said:

said:

I own a 2002 Tacoma Double Cab 6-cyl 4WD. MSRP was around $26,000.00, if I recall correctly. Do you have any other stupid comments to add to this discussion, or will there be more?

You don't own anything, Joey.
You OWE me $500,000,000 dollars
Pay up fool......
--
Scott in Florida

Gee why didn't you buy a minivan and save money on fuel like you suggest to others
said:

wrote in message

Because I tow a boat about 50 times a year and after 3 months of research, I found no other type of vehicle would do the job correctly and safely.
For a guy who keep refing to fuel ecaonomy is the only reason one buys a vehcle one migh think you would own an econobox and rent a truck as needed
wrote in message

wrote in message

That's a good idea. I tried it once when my previous car, a Taurus, broke down while towing the boat. What I found out was that no rental company in NY will allow you to tow anything with their vehicles unless they provide the trailer. Not even U-Haul. The only way you can tow is if they provide the "trailer", or the dolly for hauling a car.
It's a bad idea in terms of fuel use for me, though. I work at home. Unless I'm towing the boat any distance, I put very few miles on the truck. If I rented, I'd be using the same amount of fuel (or more) in a similar rented vehicle.
Why would anybody rent a car instead of a truck to pull a boat?
wrote in message

wrote in message

Excuse me? Car, truck, what the fuck is the difference? Every agency I called (and I called them all) said the same thing: In NY, they can't allow you to tow with their vehicle. It wouldn't have mattered if they rented me a car or a truck. NO TOWING.
Try calling one with of the trucks that have hitches on the rear, WBMA
wrote in message

wrote in message

I know you're stupid, but I know you're not blind.
YOU CAN'T RENT ANYTHING IN NY STATE FOR TOWING UNLESS THE RENTAL AGENCY PROVIDES THE THING YOU ARE TOWING.
Period. End of story. The only exceptions are for large commercial equipment like diesel trucks that will haul actual truck trailers, as in "18 wheelers". They and other commercial uses are exceptions because of the different class of insurance involved.
And no, you can't buy special insurance to tow with a mini-van from Hertz, Avis, U-Haul etc.
Now, shut the fuck up.
Try crossing over into PA if that's the case