Losing control of the fuel efficiency debate

Page 8 of 9

The context was SUVs, Mike. Do try to keep up.
Mike hunt wrote:

It's petty of you to judge people according to their incomes.

Or ASSume that one doesn't drive a 2008 vehicle because they can't afford one. LOL.
Me? I'm planning on the near future purchase of a 1997-99 BMW E36 M3. Nimble, fast, and no heavyweight compared to the E46. Even better would be an E30, but finding one without rust is nearly impossible.
There's something about the earlier M3s that the current nearly two-ton monsters created by Chris Bangle. The guy really should be shot.

That should have read "...created by Chris Bangle can't equal."

The worst thing you can do is buy a used BMW, if a friends 325i is any indication.
Good damned thing he bought it new.
The first 50K was on BMW. He had horrible bills up to 100K and swore he would never buy a BMW again!
The new BMW I bought while living in Spain in the early 70's (Note the correct usage of the apostrophe....witless) broke its emission control pump in the first 10,000 miles.

--
Scott in Florida

You must be completely impoverished! Like my friend T, who's got a nice Jag that's not a 2008, a BMW 7 series (2005, IIRC) and a gorgeous white Fleetwood convertible from I don't remember what year. Then, there's a mini-van for taking the dogs to the vet.

Yup. Just scraping by, retired at age 51, having fun as a personal trainer. That's me. <g>

Piker! :)
Try buying a new car, no rust to worry about

I have a better idea. Why don't you try what this guy did? http://www.geocities.com/tcartz/sacrifice.htm
Who is judging? He is the one objecting to other to buying what they want to buy, I could not care less what others want to buy

Why do you believe it is your business if somebody prefers an SUV over a minivan? What to you drive?

You never saw me say that.
Sure we did

You've tried this nonsense at least a dozen times in the past, in similar discussions. It doesn't work now, and it never did. Give it up already, you senile old slug.
My one daughter traded one of her small cars on a seven passenger SUV. Now they no longer need to take their two cars when the whole family needed to go some place together. The fact is Americans buy what they need, not what the government or some other idiot things they need

Please don't drive anywhere today. You are hallucinating. In this thread, or any other where I'v been involved in this subject, you have NEVER seen me suggest any form of external control of people's automobile purchases.
NEVER.
However, you will pretend you have seen me say these things because you have a strange need to post things that are in no way related to the discussion in progress.
What make you believe it is your job to decide what people chose to buy?

You never saw me say that.
Then what is you point of complaining about people that buy the vehicle they need?