Lost Keys...

Got a 99 Ford Windstar. Lost the keys almost 8months ago, contacted our local ford dealer, who contacted FORD who said that they not longer carry that key and was advised to contact a lock smith.
Contacted several lock smiths, who have told me sorry its a ford part we are not allowed to make it.
Contacted Ford Directly who advised me to contact a lock smith, repeat- wash-repeat.
Any ideas on what to do? Oh to make matters worse its on of the keys with the chip in it.
Look on E-bay, I have seen quite a few keys for sale.... I keep a spare key in case I lock keys in the car. I had a heck of a time getting someone to cut a key for me. I don't need the chip key to unlock the doors.
Matrixoregon wrote:

In article <51fedee4-91ff-4abb-bf5c-0b7b9cac6b15

The dealer can replace the physical locks and reprogram the security. They connect to the computer, go to the security area (there is a several minute delay they have to wait, to prevent a thief from easily overriding), then clear the memory and add in the new keys. If you want, they can even disable the key security.
It will cost you a bit for the keys, locks, and labor.
In the future, ALWAYS keep one or two spare keys hidden at home. If you have 2 already learned chipped keys, you can add additional keys yourself.
E-bay has keys for as low as $7.99
Matrixoregon wrote:

Yes, EBay has lots of Ford PATS transponder keys. Just do an Ebay search for "99 windstar PATS key". I've actually bought them myself on EBay for my son's 1999 Ford Ranger.
Do yourself a favor. Buy 3 key blanks on EBay. Take them to your Ford dealer. Have them cut 2 of the keys and program them. Yes, it's expensive probably $100 but you want to drive the van right??? Then when you have the two cut, programmed keys, go to a locksmith and have the 3rd key cut (they do it cheaper than the Ford Dealer). Since you already have 2 keys programmed you can program the 3rd key yourself (the EBay seller will give you printed instructions on how to do that). Now, if you lose a key, you have 2 keys you can use to program a new 3rd key. The Cardinal Rule: always have three keys on hand so if you lose one you can buy a blank and program it with the 2 remaining keys.