Loud screeching sound

I own a 98 Ford Taurus. Lately, after my car has been parked for a while when I go to pull off, there is a very loud screeching sound. That lasts maybe 5 seconds, then after that I don't hear it anymore until after the next time it has been sitting for awhile. What could this be?

Reply to
Dee2005

A stray cat, locked brake caliper, belt slippage, bearing going bad, need some more info. on whats happening in performance.

Reply to
chuckster

"Dee2005" wrote: ( 98 Ford Taurus )

After my car has been parked for a while when I pull off there is a very loud screeching sound that lasts maybe

5 seconds, then after that I don't hear it anymore until after the next time it has been sitting for awhile. What could this be? ______________________________________________

Fan Belt: Loose, worn, or wet.

Wendy & John

Reply to
Wendy & John

"" wrote: > I own a 98 Ford Taurus. Lately, after my car has been parked > for a while > when I go to pull off, there is a very loud screeching sound. > That lasts > maybe 5 seconds, then after that I don't hear it anymore until > after the > next time it has been sitting for awhile. What could this be?

How long does it sit?? Sounds possible like a brake noise where they have glazed over.

Reply to
Shakes73

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

My wife used to do that when I went to the bar with my buds, but a quick backhand put a stop to that.

Check your fan belts.

Reply to
Petey the Wonder Dog

"" wrote: > I own a 98 Ford Taurus. Lately, after my car has been parked > for a while > when I go to pull off, there is a very loud screeching sound. > That lasts > maybe 5 seconds, then after that I don't hear it anymore until > after the > next time it has been sitting for awhile. What could this be?

replace the Acc. belt

Reply to
Marty