Loud screeching sound

I own a 98 Ford Taurus. Lately, after my car has been parked for a while when I go to pull off, there is a very loud screeching sound. That lasts maybe 5 seconds, then after that I don't hear it anymore until after the
next time it has been sitting for awhile. What could this be?
A stray cat, locked brake caliper, belt slippage, bearing going bad, need some more info. on whats happening in performance.
"Dee2005" wrote: ( 98 Ford Taurus )
After my car has been parked for a while when I pull off there is a very loud screeching sound that lasts maybe 5 seconds, then after that I don't hear it anymore until after the next time it has been sitting for awhile. What could this be? ______________________________________________
Fan Belt: Loose, worn, or wet.
Wendy & John
"" wrote: > I own a 98 Ford Taurus. Lately, after my car has been parked > for a while > when I go to pull off, there is a very loud screeching sound. > That lasts > maybe 5 seconds, then after that I don't hear it anymore until > after the > next time it has been sitting for awhile. What could this be?
How long does it sit?? Sounds possible like a brake noise where they have glazed over.
Lots of information missing. Most common: belt slipping, brake dragging, power steering or water pump going. Is sound from front or rear? What kind of climate? How long is "sitting for a while"?
wrote:

Spike 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address
Looks like you said...

My wife used to do that when I went to the bar with my buds, but a quick backhand put a stop to that.
Check your fan belts.
"" wrote: > I own a 98 Ford Taurus. Lately, after my car has been parked > for a while > when I go to pull off, there is a very loud screeching sound. > That lasts > maybe 5 seconds, then after that I don't hear it anymore until > after the > next time it has been sitting for awhile. What could this be?
replace the Acc. belt