Low oil pressure

I have a 2001 Ford Ranger Pickup w/ a V6. Lately with this extremely cold weather (less than 10F) my oil pressure stays real low for a few minutes until the car warms up.
dations. I dont drive it until the oil pressure gets normal but I just want to know is this normal with this engine in these conditions or is this something I should be concerned about. and might I be damaging the engine while idling and waiting for it to reach pressure? I am using 5W-20 oil per manuf recommen This is my first winter with the truck and have never experienced this before with any of my other vehicles although it has not been this cold in this area in quite a few years.
Thanks
You should be using a block heater at night

know
You don't have a "real" oil pressure gauge. You have an on/off snap switch located near the oil filter that sends an electrical signal to a "gauge" that has a resistor in it to keep the "gauge" from pegging, making the needle move to about mid-point of "normal" once the switch is closed. Remove the connector from that switch and ground the connector to the block for just an instant, while someone else in the cab watches the needle movement (ignition on). If the needle jumps up, it's that snap switch sender; replace it. If the needle comes up very slowly, or not at all, it's sticking, and should be repaired/replaced.
Al Willnow wrote:

One nice thing about synthetic oil is that synthetic oil flows very well in cold temperatures. If you don't beleive me, buy a quart of oil and put it in the freezer. Put a quart of synthetic in the freezer. See which flows better when you take them out.
Jeff