Low oil pressure

I have a 2001 Ford Ranger Pickup w/ a V6. Lately with this extremely cold weather (less than 10F) my oil pressure stays real low for a few minutes until the car warms up. dations. I dont drive it until the oil pressure gets normal but I just want to know is this normal with this engine in these conditions or is this something I should be concerned about. and might I be damaging the engine while idling and waiting for it to reach pressure? I am using 5W-20 oil per manuf recommen This is my first winter with the truck and have never experienced this before with any of my other vehicles although it has not been this cold in this area in quite a few years.

Thanks

Reply to
Al Willnow

You should be using a block heater at night

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

One nice thing about synthetic oil is that synthetic oil flows very well in cold temperatures. If you don't beleive me, buy a quart of oil and put it in the freezer. Put a quart of synthetic in the freezer. See which flows better when you take them out.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff